We got through the Lunar Eclipse on Oct.18th which nudged us to start releasing those things in our lives that no longer serve us, clean out homes of possessions we have an emotional attachment to, share our gifts with others, begin to make changes in relationships that are no longer fulfilling, and balance ourselves spiritually so that we feel ‘whole’. Now Mercury has gone Retrograde!
What is that you might ask?
Based on the principles of Astrology that say each planet in the universe exerts its own influence on the people in it, Mercury is rockin’ our world from October 21st to November 10th. (Yay, my birthday!)
Mercury is known to rule intelligence, thought process/memory and all forms of communication. It’s busy hanging out by the Sun right now so from Earth, looks like it’s in reverse aka retrograde. It usually does this for 3.5 weeks and 3-4 times per year, the last ones were in February and June. All planets go retrograde but it seems that Mercury is the one that has the biggest influence on us when it happens.
To do or Not to do? That is the question.
Often times, we will start to feel the effects of Mercury a few days before we actually go into it. You may even notice that you are having more psychic occurences than ususal. While it’s just not feasible to stay home for 3 weeks as the whole world goes mad, here are some tips on how to get through it.
1. Expect that all forms of communication are going to be going haywire. Don’t believe me? Try to take notice how often there is a miscommunication in your inner circle, texting, saying things you didn’t intend to or your computer freaks out and doesn’t do what you tell it to…like, work. Also expect to hear complaining from your friends, salespeople about poor performance and any career to do with communication, like editing.
2. Expect that traveling or any scheduled meeting for that matter will have a hang-up of some sort. Check your schedules often, create gaps in time for you to be flexible and bring a book for layovers.
3. Marriage or contracts of any kind should best be avoided. If not, read the fine print! For example, accepting a job that doesn’t resemble anything like what you agreed to once the month has passed and everything is back in perspective. You may miss something important or be presented information one way when it’s really another.
4. Avoid big purchases. This is a time when your bank account looks great but then you get a notice saying you somehow overlooked a bill. You may also sign the papers for your new house to find out it’s termite infested, just don’t go there and if you must, do so with scrutiny.
5. Expect to do some things over again. I have definitely been feeling this one! Things that seem simple like baking a cake, (refer to psychic mom article), are more challenging than usual. Just give yourself plenty of time to get lost and find your way again. The time crunches we put ourselves under are a contributer to a big portion of our stress, so if you give yourself the leeway to gather your marbles after you’ve lost them, it won’t seem like such a conundrum.
Good luck hanging out with Mercury. Try your best to go with the flow and remember the golden rule so you don’t have to sulk back to people you love with ‘I’m sorry’s’ later.